LEAVENWORTH - Stevens Pass Mountain Resort announced Wednesday that it will open Thursday, November 16, for 2017-18 winter operations.
Since November 1, the resort has received more than 41 inches of snow - 18 inches falling in the past 48 hours - and a base of 18-34 inches to begin the season.
"We're thrilled to launch our 80th season of operations," said resort General Manager Bill Bourton. "We've been blessed with outstanding early season snow and look forward to seeing all of our Stevens Pass family back on the mountain."
Opening day lift tickets will cost $40 for guests 16-69, $28 for ages 7-15, $20 for ages 70 and up, and free for ages six and under. Lift ticket prices will increase as additional lifts and terrain are added.
Operating hours for opening day are 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Idaho Greeks self-impose sanctions on alcohol-related events
- Spokane Valley teens hope to help thousands of people with new driving technology
- City of Spokane passes its budget for next year
- Thieves break into cars outside local daycare facilities
- Shipping deadlines fast approaching to get packages delivered by Christmas
- Ice ribbon hosts Yoga on Ice every Tuesday