Spokane is about to host its first SneakerHead Convention. In case you're wondering what that is, sneaker lovers can buy, sell and trade shoes with others. Sneakerheads can also buy tables to set up their sneakers for sale or to show off.
There will be a sneakerhead competition. Vendors and collectors will display their shoe collections which will be will judged by event attendees using the criteria of unique display, variety & exclusivity. The table with the most votes at the end of the show will win a $100.00 cash prize and be named best collector for the 2018 MLK Sneakerhead event.
There will also be a sneaker drive. The East Central Community Center, which is hosting the event, is encouraging everyone who comes to bring a pair of sneakers in good condition to donate to the shoe drive. Anyone donating will get a free raffle ticket and be entered in a drawing for a gift.
The fun starts at 11am on Saturday, December 15, and goes until 5pm. Admission is $5 at the door and that allows guests to bring in up to three pair of shoes. It costs $20 to reserve a table, and that table can be filled with as many shoes as a guest wants. . The convention will be held at the MLK Jr. Community Outreach Center at the East Central Community Center , in the gym, at 500 S. Stone Street
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Pet owner warns of bridge after dog falls to its death in Manito Park
- Don't let a grinch steal your Christmas: Keep package thieves at bay
- Doctors credit Idaho State Police with saving 2-year-old boy's life
- Watch: ISP Trooper recalls emotional rescue of 2-year-old boy
- Sneaker convention to benefit MLK Jr. Family Outreach Center
- Portion of Monroe Street Bridge, Centennial Trail closes after reported water rescue