YAKIMA COUNTY, Wash. - At approximately 11:14pm on Saturday night, a fire started on Highway 12.
The fire is burning in grass, brush and standing timber.
Washington State Patrol Chief John Batiste authorized the mobilization of state firefighting resources on Sunday at 8:00 am at the request of Chief Alan Baird, Yakima County Fire District 3.
The fire is estimated at 500 acres and growing.
It is threatening homes and power infrastructure.
Level 1 evacuations are in place for 100 to 125 residents.
State Fire Marshall personnel are in route to the scene to coordinate dispatch of resources.
- As bald eagles converge on Lake Coeur d'Alene, biologist warns of lead bullet use
- Christmas inflatable decorations slashed
- Toddler learns to snowboard before first birthday
- Spokane Democrats say Alabama special election gives hope for 2018
- Band members charged with raping woman released from jail
- Grant County deputies searching for missing teenager