State Disaster Declarations have been made for seven north central and northern Idaho counties with flood issues associated with snow-melt and ongoing precipitation.
Idaho Governor C. L. “Butch” Otter has signed declarations for Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Clearwater, Kootenai, Latah, and Shoshone counties.
Water levels along the Coeur d’ Alene River, the St. Joe River, and numerous other bodies of water within each of the counties in the state declaration, have risen dramatically, causing widespread flooding, mudslides, water over roads, damaged levees and flooding of homes and basements. Two homes have received significant damage due to mudslides.
- Tracking the City of Spokane's snow removal
- Snow warriors brave the roads to enjoy the holiday season
- Spokane International Airport offers tips on traveling this holiday
- Mail thief arrested in West Central
- Full-city plow continues in Spokane neighborhoods
- Hawks helping Hawks: How a Spokane school is helping California wildfire victims