PEND ORIELLE COUNTY, Wash. - UPDATE: State Route 20 is back open. There is still loose gravel over the roadway.
The Department of Transportation has closed State Route 20 in both directions about 25 miles north of Newport because water is covering the roadway.
Significant rain and snow melt has flooded SR20 in Pend Oreille County at Cusick Creek Road.
WSP has no estimated time for reopening. Alternate routes are available on the North end at Tiger Junction, and the South end at milepost 418.
- Dolezal documentary arrives on Netflix Friday
- City of Spokane employees bring their kids to work
- City Ethics Commission: Mayor Condon did not violate ethics code
- Central Valley girls basketball team honored by Spokane Valley
- Selkirk High student builds canoe from wood loosed in landslide
- College Republicans spark on-campus protest