PULLMAN, Wash. - UPDATE: As of 8:45 a.m. Monday, SR 27 from Pullman to Palouse has reopened.
The Dept. of Transportation has closed a 24-mile stretch of State Route 27 in Whitman county.
The road is closed in both directions from milepost 0 to milepost 24, which runs from Pullman to Garfield.
WSDOT says multiple vehicles are blocking the road and drifting snow is causing visibility concerns.
The road currently has compact snow and ice on it. Transportation officials do not have an estimated time to reopen the road. Check for the latest info here.
A separate stretch of SR27, between Tekoa and Fairfield, was closed over the weekend. That section has reopened.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Spokane City Council doubles funding to remove abandoned, nuisance RVs
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery Building New Location
- Spokane childcare providers worried over new state requirements
- Local numbers from the 'Clear the Shelters' nationwide event have been released
- New South Perry development features smart house technology, sustainable living
- Washington firefighter seeks damages for on-job injuries