SPOKANE, Wash - The U.S. Attorney for Eastern Washington will resign his position at midnight Friday.
Mike Ormsby was one of dozens of Obama-appointed attorneys asked to resign by President Trump. It's not uncommon for presidents to ask for the resignations of attorneys appointed in previous administrations.
Ormsby was appointed by President Obama in 2010. The Gonzaga University graduate had nearly three decades in private practice before his appointment.
"It has been an honor to serve in this position and has been the pinnacle of my professional life," Ormsby said in a news release late Friday afternoon. "Eastern Washington is very well served by the attorneys and staff of the U.S. Attorney's Office. I am very proud of the law enforcement partnerships, the work with Tribal communities and the high quality of legal work done by those in office."
- Toddler learns to snowboard before first birthday
- Spokane Democrats say Alabama special election gives hope for 2018
- Band members charged with raping woman released from jail
- Grant County deputies searching for missing teenager
- Geminid meteor shower has arrived
- Regal Cinemas offering Cheetos popcorn