SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - The Spokane Valley Fire Department is recognizing Battalion Chief Stan Cooke as he retires after 37 years with SVFD.
In a Facebook post, SVFD highlighted his accomplishments, which included service as a firefighter, dispatcher, paramedic, lieutenant, and battalion chief.
Cooke was assigned to several different fire stations during his career. His final assignment was with Valley 22, in the Greenacres neighborhood. He oversaw East Battalion on "C Shift."
His final shift was Sunday, August 26.
- University of Idaho fires journalism professor
- Free Fun Friday: Learn about weather and listen to live music at Porchfest
- Lockout lifted at Reardan School District; suspect identified but not in area
- Accused Freeman High School shooter's trial set for October 2020
- Wapato SD: 7 middle school students took 'tabs,' showed signs of hallucinating
- Grant County deputies use naloxone to save overdose victim's life