SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - The Spokane Valley Fire Department is holding a free open house event this weekend!
The fire station will be open on Saturday, Sept. 29 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. with tons of hands-on activities and demonstrations. At the event you can meet firefighters and other first responders from AMR Ambulance, Avista, Department of Emergency Management, and 911 Communications.
There will be plenty of photo opportunities for kids in firefighter gear, with firefighters, fire trucks, Smokey Bear, Sparky the Fire Dog and Mako the Retired Arson Dog.
There will be free hot dogs and drinks all day.
The following demonstrations will be going on all day:
- Fire Safety House – practice “Two Ways Out” for home fire safety
- Kids Firefighter Challenge Course – pull and squirt a fire hose and more!
- Try CPR and load the free Pulse Point app on your phone
- Learn how to ‘Stop the Bleed’ – New!
The following demonstrations are scheduled:
- 10:00 – Gates Open
- 10:30 – Avista – Power of Electricity
- 11:00 – Residential Fire Attack – live fire – New!
- 11:30 – High Angle Ropes Technical Rescue
- 12:00 – Motor Vehicle Extrication – “Jaws of Life”
- 1:00 – Cardiac Arrest Simulation and CPR Rescue
- 1:30 – Residential Fire Attack – live fire – New!
- 2:00 – Avista – Power of Electricity
- 2:30 – Rescue 3 Helicopter Takes Off
- 3:00 – Gates Close
The open house is at the SVFD Training Tower and Maintenance facility, which is located at 2411 N. Pioneer Lane.
- There's still time this August to check out Sunday Art Mart
- Spokane Valley shooting witness: 'You just don't think it's going to happen where you are'
- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Mike Leach by former WSU football player
- #happylife: 'School Shoes for Kids' drive makes sure every student has a pair of sneaks
- #happylife: A doctor's warning for parents before booking a sports physical
- Car crashes into jersey barrier along I-90 near Moses Lake