According to a new study, Spokane is ranked the eleventh best city for beer drinkers.
SmartAsset's third annual study on the topic compared cities using metrics such as number of breweries, number of bars, average Yelp ratings of breweries, and the average price of a pint of beer.
The study found that the Northwest is most likely the capital beer region in America, with three cities in the top 15. It also found that all over the country, breweries are getting great reviews from patrons.
Only two cities in the top 25 have the average brewery rated below 4 stars, and in both of those cities the average brewery is rated above 3.9.
Asheville, North Carolina, topped the list, with Portland, Maine, coming in second. Spokane comes in eleventh.
You can view the full list and methodology here.
- City to resume yard and food waste collection
- Burglar crawls through doggy door; busted by deputy
- County and City officials push bill to reduce auto theft and property crime in Spokane
- Give back through Inlander Restaurant Week
- Cheney HS students walk-out in protest against current gun laws
- Flu death toll continues to rise in Spokane