SPOKANE, Wash. - UPDATE: The Spokane County Medical Examiner's Office has identified the woman as 28-year-old Tunishia Martin, and determined that she died of smoke inhalation. Her death has been ruled an accident.
Spokane Police are investigating a dead body that was found inside of a dumpster of a business located in the 2900 block of E. 27th Avenue.
The Major Crimes Unit detectives responded to the scene for reports of a dead female who was found inside of the dumpster. Police are investigating to determine the cause and nature of the unattended death.
SPD asks anyone who witnessed anything suspicious in the area, or have any information for the death investigation, to call Crime Check at (509) 456-2233.
The identity of the deceased and the cause of the death will be released by the Spokane Medical Examiner's Office.
- Kootenai County Jail low on beds, room for inmates
- Cheney High School students 'walk out' to show solidarity, ask for change
- Stevens County Sheriff's looking for home invasion suspects
- My Fresh Basket offers variety of cooking classes, events
- Washington schools rank high for Peace Corps volunteering
- Extreme Team one day away from big reveal