SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane Police Department is now offering free clubs to the public with the hope they will help reduce vehicle theft.
The clubs (vehicle theft prevention devices) are available for people who drive certain makes and models of cars, and can be picked up at neighborhood precincts.
All that is required is proof of ownership of the following vehicles and proof you live in Washington.
Eligible vehicles include:
- 1983 - 2005 Honda Civic or Accord
- 1984 - 2005 Toyota Camry
- 1990 - 2005 Subaru Legacy
- 1985 - 2000 Jeep Cherokee
- 1985 - 2005 Ford Explorer
- 1985 - 2010 Dodge Caravan
- 1990 - 2000 Ford Escape/Escort
- 1990 - 2005 Subaru Impreza
- 1985 - 2000 Nissan Sentra
- 1990 - 2006 Ford Pick-up trucks
- 1990 - 2006 Chevrolet Pick-up trucks
The clubs can be picked up at the South precinct on 1st Ave, North precinct on N. Market and Downtown precinct on W. First.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from 4 News Now. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
'Shop with a Cop' sees local law enforcement take kids shopping for winter clothes
Air 4 Adventure: Bayview
- 'Shop with a Cop' sees local law enforcement take kids shopping for winter clothes
- Bomb threat forces evacuation at Moscow Middle School
- City of Spokane officially declares beginning of snow season
- Did you know WSDOT has a travel app?
- Drink beer in an igloo at this Coeur d'Alene taphouse
- JoJo Siwa swinging through Spokane on her D.R.E.A.M. tour