SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Police chased down a fugitive in a stolen vehicle with help from bystanders on Monday.
Officer Cunningham spotted a suspicious car leaving the Motel 6 on Sunset B, and confirmed it was a stolen vehicle.
When he tried to stop the vehicle, the driver, 20-year-old Clirim Ramushi, took off and drove recklessly on the wrong side of the road. Officer Wilke was nearby and assisted, but the two ended the chase to prevent any additional danger to drivers.
A unit from the Liquor and Cannabis Board reported a crash to police dispatch a short time later.
Ramushi had crashed into another vehicle on Sunset Boulevard, and fled on foot. However, a victim in the other car got out and chased him down with another bystander, holding him until officers arrived to arrest him.
The victims in the crashed car sustained only minor injuries and were released at the scene.
Ramushi was transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries, and will be booked into the Spokane County Regional Jail Facility. He is a three-time convicted felon with an outstanding warrant for Escape, and will be be charged with Possession of a Stolen Motor Vehicle, Attempt to Elude, Felony Hit and Run, Possession of a Controlled Substance, DUI, Reckless Driving and Driving with a Suspended License in the second degree.
Sixteenth annual Spokane River cleanup draws hundreds
Student parents could be eligible for federal aid they didn't know about, report says
- Sixteenth annual Spokane River cleanup draws hundreds
- Inland Northwest Craft Beer Festival returns next weekend
- WSDH report breaks down school vaccination statuses in each county
- Drive-by shooting suspect under investigation for threatening witness
- Fatal crash near Davenport launches car 100 ft into rock cliff
- Revival Tea Company will soon open downtown tea house