SPOKANE, Wash. - Watch out, Seattle! Spokane’s coffee scene is thriving!
A new report from Livability.com ranked the Lilac City as one of the top “unexpectedly awesome coffee cities” in the country. Spokane was ranked number two, with Tampa, Florida coming in first place.
The site noted Spokane is home to 319 coffee shops, which equals out to about 148 shops per 100,000 residents. The best part? Caffeinating won’t cost you too much; Livability.com said an average cappuccino is $3.69. A report from USA Today earlier this year stated the average price of a regular cappuccino in the United States is $4.02.
Spokane also made Liveability.com’s list of best places to live this year. The site boasted the city’s easy access to the outdoors and, of course, the Spokane Falls.
Liveability.com gave a nod to several shops including Atticus, Spaceman Coffee and Paper and Cup.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Semi crash, hazmat spill closes I-90 near St. Regis
- Top stories to know for your Wednesday
- Increased security at Deer Park High School Wednesday due to social media threat
- Friends of the Library fall book sale starts Wednesday
- Tartar Sauce puts Zip's Drive-In on the map
- Spokane voters to face income tax proposition on November ballot