SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - A woman's body was found hidden in a missing Spokane woman's apartment, the Spokane County Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday.
Deputies found the body inside Arezu Kashify's family apartment Tuesday while executing a search warrant. Kashify was last seen May 25, when she dropped her children off at daycare. Neither her nor her husband came to pick them up.
Kashify's husband, 34-year-old Wahid Kashify, purchased a single, one-way plane ticket on May 28 and left the United States. The couple's Toyota Sienna was found over the weekend by Spokane International Airport Police. It was seized to search for evidence of a crime.
Deputy Mark Gregory said the case is now considered a homicide investigation, but no one is in custody. Authorities are waiting until the Medical Examiner officially identifies the body.
Federal authorities will now be involved to try to locate Kashify’s husband in hopes of speaking to him.
The couple’s children were put in the care of Child Protective Services.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
Unity in the Community draws thousands to Riverfront Park
Help a local nonprofit raise money for families in need of medical travel
- Unity in the Community draws thousands to Riverfront Park
- Help a local nonprofit raise money for families in need of medical travel
- There's still time this August to check out Sunday Art Mart
- One driver dead in crash near Tensed
- Spokane Valley shooting witness: 'You just don't think it's going to happen where you are'
- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Mike Leach by former WSU football player