ADAMS COUNTY, Wash. - A man and woman from Spokane were killed early Monday morning when their car veered off I-90, about 20 miles west of Ritzville.
Jose Pineiro, 59, was driving the 1997 Honda Accord with Barbara Pineiro, 47, in the passenger seat.
The were heading eastbound in between Moses Lake and Ritzville around 6:30 a.m. when the car left the road and went into a grassy median, coming to a stop on Batum Road which runs under the interstate.
WSP says both Jose and Barbara Pineiro were pronounced dead at the scene.
At this time, it is unknown if drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash.
WSP is investigating.
- Spokane Valley family recovers after I-90 crash near downtown
- Local kid invents device to help people with arthritis
- Dolezal documentary arrives on Netflix Friday
- City of Spokane employees bring their kids to work
- City Ethics Commission: Mayor Condon did not violate ethics code
- Central Valley girls basketball team honored by Spokane Valley