Blue skies and comfortable temperatures has made for good turn-out to this year's Spokane County Interstate Fair.
As of early Friday afternoon, more than 125,000 people from all over the region and into Canada came to enjoy all the sights and sounds and smells.
"Its something the whole family can do together," said Rich Hartzell, the director of the Spokane County Fair and Expo Center.
In addition to the animal judging for future farmers, the cirque performers and other exhibits, the mutton busting really drew the crowds on Friday.
"You are trying to hang on to the sheep as long as you can," said Jack James. "You just do it."
This weekend is the fair's motor sport weekend. Friday night there will be a truck and tractor pull, then on both Saturday and Sunday there will be a demolition derby.
If you bring a new or gently used coat to the fair on Sunday to donate to KXLY's Coats 4 Kids, you will get a free child's admission.
- Providence, Walgreens team up to bring express care clinics to Spokane
- Historic Coeur d'Alene home makes move across lake
- Daily Evergreen journalists explain compliments, criticisms received since Gesser piece
- Reward offered in case of tagged mural
- Health Alert: Potentially deadly toxin found in Moses Lake
- Road closure planned in Coeur d'Alene