SPOKANE, Wash. - The weather may have played a role in the great turnout for the 2017 Turkey Trot Thursday morning at Manito Park. The annual 5k is a Bloomsday Road Runners event and brings in much needed donations for Second Harvest Food Bank.
For many families the event is all about celebrating the season and has become a long standing tradition. For many others like Jack and Jason Weidman, this year was their very first Turkey Trot.
"It was a great turn out. There were a lot more people than I thought would be here. It was really warm which is weird for this time of year. It was a little hilly but a lot of runners and a lot of fun," said Weidman.
- Investigation prompts several search warrants at Red Top motel in Spokane Valley
- Idaho senator's reaction stirring up social media
- Wolf Creek Lodge Steak House closing its doors
- Bitter cold no match for dog owners
- Getting your car and home ready for freezing temperatures
- City council president teases proposal to tax gun sales