SPOKANE, Wash. - A new study gave Spokane an overall D+ grade as a city for single people to live.
According to apartment-search site Zumper, the Spokane metro area is ranked as the 128th best place to live single.
Zumper analysts compared all 382 of the U.S. metro areas across 5 key indicators:
1. Bars and restaurants
2. College degrees
3. Internet use/access for dating apps
4. Average rental prices
5. Singles in the area
Spokane ranked 128th on the list, with 68 percent of the population listed as single, and only 18 percent of the population holding a college degree. The average rent in Spokane is listed at $710.
The top ten best cities for singles are listed below:
Zumper named the Elizabethtown-Fort Knox Metro Area as the worst place to live as a single person.
You can find more on the ranking system, as well as the full ranked list of areas, here.
- Public use boat launch to open in Spokane neighborhood
- Firefighters respond to report of person in Spokane River
- 100 deadliest days for teen drivers
- Journey back to the Civil War-era with the annual Battle at Deep Creek
- Pend Oreille River closed throughout entire County
- Level 3 sex offender moves within Spokane area