SPOKANE, Wash - Spokane County is planning a roundabout at the intersection of 57th and Freya in South Spokane.
The project is listed as part of the 2019-2022 Transportation Improvement Plan or TIP.
That roundabout is expected to cost $842,000; no specific timeline is given and the Spokane Regional Transportation Committee says the project is in the design phase right now.
This is one of several projects proposed for the next phase of the TIP planned in the coming years. Many of those projects are maintenance on existing roads. Another major piece of the TIP is upgrading exit 276 off of Interstate 90 near Medical Lake.
It also includes bike and pedestrian enhancements to the Ben Burr Trail in east central Spokane.
Projects included in the TIP are ones that use federal funding. It also requires public comment.
The SRTC is holding an open house Tuesday, September 17th from 3:30 to 5:30 pm. It's in the Lair at Spokane Community College.
You can read more about the projects and check out the interactive map by clicking on this link.
Spokane families have one month to finish vaccination paperwork, avoid exclusion from class
Wet weather isn't going anywhere this week!
- Ethics complaint filed against Spokane City Councilwoman Karen Stratton
- Cougar spotted in a Spokane neighborhood successfully relocated
- Man behind 'Curing Spokane' video donated nearly $1000 to Woodward campaign
- New car seat laws coming to Washington state in 2020
- Neighborhood Tree Program giving away 500 free trees to Spokane residents
- Hillyard low-income housing development groundbreaking set for Tuesday