SPOKANE, Wash. - Giving Tuesday, the global generosity movement, is starting once more on Tuesday.
The movement celebrates charities and non-profits, and encourages donations for the beginning of the Christmas season. It began in 2012, and has since grown to a global initiative to do good in your own community.
In Spokane alone, nearly 90 businesses, foundations, faith-based organizations, nonprofits and schools are taking part in the day of giving.
For more information on what is happening near you, visit the Giving Tuesday website, enter your location and organization type, and you can find a list of place.
As Beggs takes on new role as president, Spokane City Council seeks to fill district 2 spot
Two teenagers arrested in Cheney car vandalism case
- As Beggs takes on new role as president, Spokane City Council seeks to fill district 2 spot
- Two teenagers arrested in Cheney car vandalism case
- Fire dept. says smell at Mt. Spokane HS was methane in sewer, not gas leak
- Truck stuck underneath Mead bridge, Parksmith back open
- Mt. Spokane opening ski area, tubing hill on Friday
- As more snow falls, Schweitzer set to open more runs