SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Police are searching for the suspect in a shooting near Spokane's Corbin Park on Wednesday.
Police said they received a call from someone who said they witnessed the shooting near Post and Chelan at around 4:30 p.m.
#BREAKING: Spokane Police investigating shooting near Post and Chelan. Officers tell us one person with gunshot wounds is in the hospital — condition unknown. Police don’t have any suspects at the moment. #4NewsNow pic.twitter.com/Vda2MlymCD— Kyle Simchuk (@KyleKXLY) August 22, 2019
Once there, police found one person with gunshot wounds. That person was taken to the hospital and their current condition is unkown.
Police said Post will remain closed for a couple hours while Major Crimes Detectives investigate.
This is a developing story.
Sun and clouds expected Tuesday, then the rain returns
Top headlines to start your Tuesday
- Hit-and-run victim remembered for his big heart, loyalty to friends
- Coeur d'Alene schools consider later start times
- Groups accuse Woodward of spreading fear, hate over border patrol issue
- Gonzaga Law School opens immigration clinic with Catholic Charities
- Spokane Valley Sheriff's Office have safely located missing 11-year-old
- Hundreds of SPS students out of class due to vaccine paperwork; 23 citing personal MMR exemptions