SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane Police Department has come to a decision on the disciplinary action that Officer Dan Lesser will face for his actions in a violent arrest he made back in February.
Officer Lesser's punishment will be a one-day suspension without pay on account of his demeanor, which was ruled as inappropriate for its profane and threatening nature.
He will also face a potential second day without pay for a body cam violation.
During the arrest, Officer Lesser turned his body cam on late, which led to the second punishment. However, if he goes an entire year without another body cam violation, that second unpaid day will be waived.
- Local woman, community raises over $5K for friend's prosthetic leg
- Bus service will soon offer $10 rides from Spokane to Seattle
- Moses Lake Police need help identifying man hit by car
- Community Resource Exchange helps those in need find free services
- 'Shop with a Cop' sees local law enforcement take kids shopping for winter clothes
- Bomb threat forces evacuation at Moscow Middle School