SPOKANE, Wash. - UPDATE:
W. 1st Ave. between Howard St. and S. Wall St. has been reopened.
Spokane police have closed 1st Avenue between Howard and Wall in downtown Spokane while they investigate a body found in front of the Wells Fargo building.
Major Crimes Detectives are investigating the incident as a possible suicide. A man fell or jumped from the Wells Fargo building and landed on the ground below.
Police say the area will be closed for a couple of hours during the investigation.
Avoid the area. We have a crew on scene and will continue to update with more information as we get it.
- Police emphasize safety when selling items online after couple robbed at gunpoint
- Teen who helped cover up killing of Pullman student sentenced
- Meals on Wheels running on empty
- Teenage girl killed in crash near McCall, Idaho
- BCSO equips deputies with Narcan spray to deal with opioid overdoses
- Search for missing swimmer at Palouse Falls State Park suspended for dangerous conditions