SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Police Department Major Crimes Detectives arrested two males believed to be involved in multiple violent crimes.
On February 15, detectives arrested 23-year-old Vincent W. Birdtail and a 15-year-old juvenile for first degree robbery, attempted first degree robbery, first degree assault, and outstanding warrants.
Detectives and multiple other units had investigated multiple violent crimes in the North Central neighborhood.
One incident involved a carjacking at 2nd Avenue and Division on February 13. Another incident involved a shooting in the area of Lincoln Street and Frederick Avenue on February 14.
Birdtail and the juvenile were contacted on February 15. The juvenile, who had a handgun, lied about his name but officers confirmed his identity and arrested him on an outstanding felony warrant.
Birdtail and the juvenile were both booked in the Spokane County Jail for the two incidents. The investigation is ongoing, and more felony charges could be coming.
- House catches fire while homeowner sleeps
- Spokane Police want your opinion on how to better serve our community
- Knowing the signs and reporting child abuse, among the best ways to prevent it say local experts
- Where a call goes when alleged abuse is reported to the Children's Administration
- Dog returns home to Nine Mile Falls after coyote scare
- One person dead after fatal vehicle/pedestrian crash in East Central