COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - UPDATE: Swan is being held on $200,000 bond.
The teenage son of a Kootenai County Sheriff's Office sergeant was killed Friday night after a car crash on Interstate 90 in Coeur d'Alene.
Around 10:30 Friday evening, a vehicle being driven by 20-year-old Jonah Z. Leeder attempted to pass another vehicle traveling eastbound on I-90 near milepost 12.9 when Leeder's vehicle - a 1995 green Acura Integra - spun out of control and stalled.
The car stalled perpendicular to oncoming traffic and was t-boned by William E. Swan, 45, driving a gold 2000 Chevy Silverado.
Leeder's passenger and brother, 16-year-old Jacob Leeder, was declared dead at the scene.
Jonah was transported to Kootenai Health for his injuries. All three people involved in the collision were wearing their seatbelts.
According to Idaho State Police, the crash occurred after Jonah attempted to pass another vehicle.
The investigation into the crash is still ongoing.
- Students compete in "Hack-a-thon"
- Restaurant week opens with a bang, chefs prepping for busy night two
- Hero dog shot three times trying to save family
- That's a wrap! Extreme Team completes Project ID makeover
- Turning hardship into songs of hope
- Spokane autism conference features special guest from Sesame Street