IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (AP) - Authorities say a snowmobiler has died after being caught in an avalanche in eastern Idaho.
The Fremont County Sheriff's Office says emergency workers received a 911 call Saturday afternoon that a snowmobiler had been caught in an avalanche east of Reas Peak in Island Park.
Search and rescue teams responded. Members of the man's group found his body after about 40 minutes of searching.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. The man has not been identified.
Earlier this month, a 36-year-old snowmobiler was killed by an avalanche near Island Park in Fremont County.
- City plans to open carousel, other Riverfront Park attractions this spring
- Starting today, Red Wagon will be inaccessible for three weeks
- Group aims to save Lewiston performing arts center from demolition
- Proposed state initiative aims to ban soda taxes in Washington
- EWU professor publishing first book about Spokane River
- You can now live in the historic Ridpath hotel