SNOQUALMIE PASS, Wash. - UPDATE: Pass conditions will be reevalutaed at 9:00 a.m. Wednesday.
I-90 remains closed in both directions from North Bend to Ellensburg due to severe weather and avalanche danger.
UPDATE: As of Tuesday morning, the pass remains closed between North Bend and Ellensburg. At 9:30 a.m., WSDOT said,"I-90 will remain closed today due to severe weather conditions, poor visibility and high avalanche danger. Updates will be provided as conditions change."
An avalanche supervisor measured 53 inches of new snow on the pass in the last 48 hours.
Snoqualmie Pass in western Washington has been closed due to the snow storm in the area.
There is no estimated time for reopening according to WSDOT:
I-90 is CLOSED in both directions across Snoqualmie Pass. No estimate for reopening. https://t.co/LZvFzqdYOb— Washington State DOT (@wsdot) February 12, 2019
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Police investigate Ferris High School threats
- Downtown Spokane shooting threat fueled by negative Google review
- Local coffee business wants 'a latte' of coat donations for kids
- Gonzaga alum Josh Perkins waived from Charlotte Hornets
- The Fall Train Show rolls in to Spokane today
- Last week's storm delays projects on the West Plains