SPOKANE, Wash. - A Spokane Police officer is under investigation for possible sexual misconduct.
Spokane Police confirmed to 4 News Now that the department was made aware Wednesday of accusations that the officer's conduct was potentially criminal and sexual in nature.
A source familiar with the situation tells 4 News Now that the accusation came from a victim of a crime the officer was investigating.
4 News Now has also learned the name of the officer, but Spokane Police would not confirm his identify, nor any information regarding the investigation.
Because the conduct could carry criminal charges, SPD asked the Spokane County Sheriff's Office to investigate.
The officer has been placed on paid administrative leave.
The Spokane County Prosecutor's Office has been made aware of the investigation, but has not received charging documents.
- Mt. Spokane opening ski area, tubing hill on Friday
- As more snow falls, Schweitzer set to open more runs
- Spokane named to list of best U.S. cities to start a business
- Rock slide blocking Highway 200 near Trestle Creek
- School delays for Thursday, Dec. 12
- Snow hits mountain passes as students head home for the holidays