SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - During a town hall he hosted on Tuesday, Spokane County Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich announced he won’t run for re-election.
Instead, Sheriff Knezovich says he plans to go back to school for his master’s and eventually pursue a career teaching college students.
The announcement came during a town hall to discuss home grown terrorism and white supremacy.
According to Spokane County’s website, Knezovich was appointed Sheriff of Spokane County in April of 2006 and is currently serving his fifth term.
- Hundreds gather to dedicate new Millwood World War I Memorial
- Zags stay at no. 8 in AP Top 25 poll
- Washington's 2019 apple crop one of the largest in history
- A foggy morning should give way to a sunny Veterans Day
- Veterans & their families can ride the Looff Carrousel for free today
- Top local headlines this Veterans Day