South Carolina police pulled the mayor of Aynor over while he was driving a lawn mower with an open beer down a two-lane street.
Local news station WMBF reports Mayor John Gardner told police he was driving to the gas station to fill up the mower when he was stopped. Officers called local Aynor police to the scene, and an unidentified individual arrived to drive the lawn mower away.
Gardner wasn't issued a citation or charged in the incident.
- One killed, two injured in head-on crash near Deer Park
- Students compete in "Hack-a-thon"
- Restaurant week opens with a bang, chefs prepping for busy night two
- Hero dog shot three times trying to save family
- That's a wrap! Extreme Team completes Project ID makeover
- Turning hardship into songs of hope