A California man whose wife was unhappy with him purchasing several lottery tickets ended up winning $1 million, according to UPI.
Hermenegildo Beltran-Meza told the California Lottery he scratched off the tickets in the bathroom because he didn't want his wife to know he bought them. The first of the $10 scratch offs was a loser, but Beltran-Meza was pleased to find that his second ticket unearthed a million dollar surprise. This is when he decided telling his wife about his purchase would be warranted.
"You said I'm never going to win and there I won, there's proof," he told his wife.
The couple says they'll put some of the money toward their retirement.
- Kootenai County Jail low on beds, room for inmates
- Cheney High School students 'walk out' to show solidarity, ask for change
- Stevens County Sheriff's looking for home invasion suspects
- My Fresh Basket offers variety of cooking classes, events
- Washington schools rank high for Peace Corps volunteering
- Extreme Team one day away from big reveal