A Pennsylvania man who was hoping to exercise his right to vote was arrested Monday for being intoxicated and showing up a day early.
Police say Douglas Shuttlesworth, 34, arrived to the local elementary school to vote Monday while under the influence of alcohol. When authorities arrived, they found Shuttlesworth clearly intoxicated and also discovered that he had driven to the school, reports The Associated Press.
Shuttlesworth was arrested and charged with a DUI.
- SPD investigating several purse-snatchings in retail parking lots
- Both missing Bonners Ferry girls found safe
- Snowy start to Saturday in Spokane
- Passenger killed after collision with Chelan County snowplow
- Robbery suspects arrested after breaking into motel room
- Pullman psychologist arrested for sexually assaulting patient