A Florida man who was short on cash allegedly Googled "how to rob a bank" before actually robbing a bank Thursday.
The Miami Herald reports William Joe Johnson, 26, was found at an Express Inn by police Monday, where they questioned him about the robbery. The bank teller told police the man had a gun and left with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Johnson admitted to the robbery and the Google search. According to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, Johnson spent the money on rent, bills and a drug binge.
Johnson was booked into Pinellas County Jail on robbery charges.
- UGM Student Impact Center aims to help Spokane's at risk youth
- Newport marchers protest proposed smelter
- One killed, two injured in head-on crash near Deer Park
- Students compete in "Hack-a-thon"
- Restaurant week opens with a bang, chefs prepping for busy night two
- Hero dog shot three times trying to save family