A butcher who found himself locked in a walk-in freezer says he was saved by its contents.
The Associated Press reports Chris McCabe was locked in the freezer at his butcher shop in southwest England when wind blew the door shut. According to the man, the safety button was frozen, rendering it useless. That's when McCabe said he used a 3-pound form of blood sausage, black pudding, "as a battering ram" to unstick it.
"Black pudding saved my life, without a doubt," McCabe said.
- Reflecting on Tuesday's tsunami scare
- WSU develops sleep sensor designed to improve sleep quality
- Newman Lake man killed in hit and run outside Oklahoma City club
- EWU students build prosthetic arm for 5th grader
- Spokane Public Schools pull cartons after student finds cleaning material in chocolate milk
- House committee approves lower carbon fuels standard