SPOKANE, Wash - Another sexually violent predator has been cleared to leave the state's Special Commitment Center on McNeil Island; he's now making his home in Spokane.
Lonney D. Griggs is now living in a building in the 1200 block of North Lincoln. The facility is home to 12 level two and three sex offenders, including David McCuistion. McCuistion is the last sexually violent predator to be released under what the state calls a Less Restrictive Alternative. That means the offender still fits the criteria to be considered a sexually violent predator, but can be housed outside of the designated facilities.
McCuistion is undergoing treatment and is no longer under the LRA. He's a level three sex offender.
The building has security cameras, strict rules and curfews. It's located right near the Spokane Arena.
Griggs has three criminal convictions for sexual crimes. Those crimes include communicating with a minor for immoral purposes, incest and second degree sexual assault. All of his victims were around 11 years of age.
A Thurston County judge allowed Griggs to be released to Spokane. It's not clear what, if any, connection he has to this community.
- Public use boat launch to open in Spokane neighborhood
- Allergy season: A pain for you and your pets
- Firefighters volunteer time to make Freeman baseball field vision a reality
- Arches of Post St Bridge will remain in new design
- Spokane International Airport busy with holiday travelers
- Rachel Dolezal charged with welfare fraud