SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Shoppers at the Spokane Valley Safeway were in for a surprise Saturday when the Seattle Seahawks bus tour stopped by to show support for Coats 4 Kids.
Every year the community comes together to collect, clean and distribute winter coats. So, you can imagine the excitement when Defensive Backs Nico Thorpe and Tedrick Thompson presented the program with brand new Seahwaks coats. Safeway and Albertsons also pitched in, donating $1,000 to the campaign.
KXLY 4's 35th annual Coats 4 Kids will kick off this fall.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
Rain, rain, and it's here to stay
WSP Detectives are still looking for fatal hit-and-run suspects
- WSP Detectives are still looking for fatal hit-and-run suspects
- Spokane homeless advocate remembered for 'unwavering dedication'
- Idaho woman killed in crash near Lewiston
- Spokane mom explains how she quit both cigarettes and vaping
- 80 employees evacuate safely from Spokane Valley cannabis facility fire
- Washington State Cougs ranked no. 19 in the AP Top 25 Poll