SPOKANE, Wash. - A man was taken to the hospital with a gunshot wound on Thursday in what the Spokane County Sheriff's Office believes to be a road rage incident on N Seven Mile Road.
According to Cpl. Mark Gregory with the Sheriff's Office, one person involved is being detained for questioning, but is not being called a suspect at this time.
The Sheriff's Office said the victim was conscious when he was taken to the hospital, around 4 p.m.
The road was blocked at SR 291 while Major Crimes investigated but re-opened Thursday evening.
A foggy morning but a slightly warmer day expected Thursday
Top headlines to start your Wednesday
- Hillyard couple fed up with RV parked outside home, demands answers from city
- No charges to be filed against Spokane Police officer in July use of force incident
- Spokane Police Guild weighs in on crime, homeless crisis
- Homeowner speaks up after neighbors make complaints against him and his backyard
- Dog with tumor gets survivor scarf from WSU
- Police: College Place teen writes about killing mother, attacking high school