AIRWAY HEIGHTS, Wash. - Investigators with the Spokane County Sheriff’s Office have seized a vehicle believed to be involved in a fatal hit and run in Airway Heights last week. They are still working to confirm the driver's identity.
Initially, investigators were looking for public tips that could help with the investigation. A statement released by the Sheriff's Office says tips are no longer needed at this time, but witnesses of the actual incident are still encouraged to call in.
Spokane County Sheriff’s deputies responded to reports of a vehicle collision with a pedestrian on Hayford Rd. at Sprague on May 16, around 9 p.m.
According to a statement, a man was crossing Hayford Rd. when the driver struck him, briefly stopped, then drove off. Though medical care was given, the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators are asking that drivers reported in the area at the time of the accident come forward to provide information. The two cars of interest are a white Ford Crown Victoria, possibly mid-2000’s, with black rims and a possible spotlight mounted on the passenger’s side, and a dark sedan driven by a larger man.
Deputies ask that anyone with information please call Corporal Jeff Welton at 509-477-3237.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Woman who witnessed Father's Day drowning says family tried everything possible to save 30 year old
- Three hospitalized in Post Falls car crash
- A closer look: Opioid prescriptions by the numbers
- Washington National Guard's 81st Brigade conducts live fire training in Yakima
- Pullman ranked best Washington city to live in by Chamber of Commerce
- Woman drowns in Centennial Hotel pool