SPOKANE, Wash. - Warning: This story contains material that may be disturbing to some readers.
SCRAPS is invesigating a disturbing case of animal abuse in Spokane County.
A mixed breed dog was found abandoned inside a crate at the intersection of South McKinnon Rd. and East 5th Avenue in Spokane Valley recently. Necropsy results revealed the female dog died from starvation and dehydration which may have happened because she was abandoned in the crate, according to a post from SCRAPS.
The agency went on to say the report described her death as "painful and prolonged."
She was also found with pressure sores on three of her feet.
SCRAPS started investigating this as a case of animal cruelty. They have asked the community to help bring the person responsible for this dog's death to justice.
If you recognize this dog or know anything about what happened, contact SCRAPS immediately. You can remain anonymous.
The case number is 2019-0160. You can call 509-477-2532 with info or email SCRAPS@spokanecounty.org, attn Officer Loparco.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Spokane City Council doubles funding to remove abandoned, nuisance RVs
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery Building New Location
- Spokane childcare providers worried over new state requirements
- Local numbers from the 'Clear the Shelters' nationwide event have been released
- New South Perry development features smart house technology, sustainable living
- Washington firefighter seeks damages for on-job injuries