SPOKANE, Wash. - Officials at SCRAPS said local elementary children severely abused a cat that is now in their custody.
According to a Facebook post, Achilles the cat was found with his pelvis dislocated from his spine and a dislocated right hip.
SCRAPS said a man found the cat being tormented and kicked by children from Logan Elementary.
The man told SCRAPS that Achilles was a long-time community cat who “greets all he meets” near the school.
Achilles now has a 50/50 chance of survival and will need surgery to repair his hip.
“We want to make sure that this abuse does not go unaddressed, regardless of the age of the perpetrators,” SCRAPS said.
SCRAPS has now launched a cruelty investigation. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to email email@example.com or call 509-477-2532.
- Man who drove car into South Hill home arrested for DUI
- Recent dispute could delay Spokane's newest shelter form opening yet again
- Giving you an inside look at video game addiction rehab
- City councilwoman looks to ban high-pitched alarms aimed at driving away loiterers
- Teen's tradition of giving continues with large donation
- Liberty Lake schools taking extra precautions during boil water advisory