ST. MARIES, Idaho - Scott Maclay, who legally changed his name to DumpOzzie Dot Com, was killed near St. Maries while traveling south on Highway 3 on Monday afternoon.
KXLY confirmed with the Benewah County Sheriff that Maclay and his friend, Erik Hansen, were both traveling on motorcycles at around 3:22 pm.
During their trip, Hansen looked in his mirror to see Maclay fish tail and go over a guard rail. The drop was roughly 20 ft according to the sheriff.
DumpOzzie Dot Com, who was running for Spokane County Sheriff, is still on the November ballot according to the Spokane County Elections Office.
Names of deceased candidates can be removed via court order, however, because ballots are being printed today, it is too late to carry out any removal action.
As of right now, there is no press release scheduled from the Benewah County Sheriff's Office.
We will update the story with more information when it becomes available.
Unity in the Community draws thousands to Riverfront Park
Help a local nonprofit raise money for families in need of medical travel
- Unity in the Community draws thousands to Riverfront Park
- Help a local nonprofit raise money for families in need of medical travel
- There's still time this August to check out Sunday Art Mart
- One driver dead in crash near Tensed
- Spokane Valley shooting witness: 'You just don't think it's going to happen where you are'
- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Mike Leach by former WSU football player