POST FALLS, Idaho - The Post Falls Police Department is warning residents about a new phone scam.
Police say someone is calling people claiming to be "Lt. Knight" and telling them that they have bench warrants that they need to pay.
The scammers then demand payment.
Police urge potential victims to not give the callers any money over the phone or load funds onto any iTunes or MoneyGram accounts.
If you are concerned about what they are telling you and want to verify that it is a scam, you can call the Post Falls Police Department nonemergency line 208-773-3517 or visit the police department to report it.
- Cheney High School students 'walk out' to show solidarity, ask for change
- Stevens County Sheriff's looking for home invasion suspects
- My Fresh Basket offers variety of cooking classes, events
- Washington schools rank high for Peace Corps volunteering
- Extreme Team one day away from big reveal
- Sen. Maria Cantwell speaks on opioid crisis in Spokane, proposes new legislation