SANDPONT, Idaho - UPDATE: The shooting victim has been identified as 34-year-old Blas Salvador Alonzo "Duke" Dias. Sandpoint Police are still searching for the shooting suspect.
Preliminary results of the autopsy indicate a single gunshot wound to the chest from a small caliber handgun. Toxicology results are pending.
During the initial investigation, a handgun was located which detectives believe was used in the shooting. It will be sent to a state lab for further testing. Detectives have been interviewing and collecting DNA evidence from individuals whom they believe may have been involved in the shooting.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Sandpoint Police Department at 208-265-1482.
The Sandpoint Police Department needs your help to find a suspect who shot and killed a man at the Meandering Moose Motel, in the 300 block of Marion Ave. Monday night.
Around 7:00 p.m., SPD responded to a shooting call and found a male victim with a gunshot wound to the chest. He was taken to Bonner General Hospital but died from his injuries.
Police say suspect is a male with darker skin, who is between 20 and 40-years-old. He is between 5'6" and 6' tall, with short hair. Witnesses say he was wearing a light blue shirt and tan shorts.
The suspect is still at large and is considered armed and dangerous. Those who have information that might help officers in their investigation are asked to contact Bonner County Dispatch at 208-256-5525.
The victim’s identity will be released pending family notification.
- AMBER alert canceled, 4-year-old Pocatello girl found safe
- You can now ask Alexa for 4 News Now flash briefings
- Iconic Shogun restaurant reopening Monday after devastating fire
- Donations pour in for community without water for nearly two weeks
- Spokane NAACP, city leaders call for Rep. Matt Shea's resignation
- Level 1 Evacuation Notice cancelled for Reservation Field Fire in Stevens County