SANDPOINT, Idaho - In a move to showcase how Sandpoint embraces diversity and equality, several groups are co-sponsoring an event to be held on Friday, September 22nd. The event, dubbed the Equinox for Equality, will be held at Farmin Park from 5 - 7 pm.
Co-Sponsors for this event include:
Bonner County Human Rights Task Force
Bonner County Democrats
North Idaho Pride Alliance
“In light of recent events in Sandpoint, it’s very important that we show that Sandpoint is an
inclusive community, that everyone is welcome, and that the majority of people in our area value
diversity,” says event co-organizer and Sandpoint City Council candidate Jeff Bohnhof. “This
event is the first annual diversity event, and we’re thrilled at the positive response we’ve already
The event will include music, public speakers, and informational booths from various organizations,
including the Bonner County Democrats, Bonner County Human Rights Task Force, PFLAG
(Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays), North Idaho Pride Alliance, and Reclaim Idaho.
For more information, visit the Equinox for Equality website.
- Rape suspect released from jail two days before Spokane Valley assault
- Insurance stops covering medication for Spokane family of child with rare genetic disorder
- K9 deployed after traffic stop turns tense
- Level 3 sex offender released into Spokane area
- Spokane AMR paramedic selected to NASCAR safety team for 2018 season
- Residents escape apartment during kitchen fire