SANDPOINT, Idaho - In a move to showcase how Sandpoint embraces diversity and equality, several groups are co-sponsoring an event to be held on Friday, September 22nd. The event, dubbed the Equinox for Equality, will be held at Farmin Park from 5 - 7 pm.
Co-Sponsors for this event include:
Bonner County Human Rights Task Force
Bonner County Democrats
North Idaho Pride Alliance
“In light of recent events in Sandpoint, it’s very important that we show that Sandpoint is an
inclusive community, that everyone is welcome, and that the majority of people in our area value
diversity,” says event co-organizer and Sandpoint City Council candidate Jeff Bohnhof. “This
event is the first annual diversity event, and we’re thrilled at the positive response we’ve already
The event will include music, public speakers, and informational booths from various organizations,
including the Bonner County Democrats, Bonner County Human Rights Task Force, PFLAG
(Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays), North Idaho Pride Alliance, and Reclaim Idaho.
For more information, visit the Equinox for Equality website.
- iOS 12.0 offers method to track phone use
- Marriage of Figaro opens this weekend at the Fox
- Authorities still working to determine identity of woman found in Spokane River
- Cheap movie tickets at Garland Theater tonight!
- Body camera footage released from officer-involved shooting during domestic violence investigation
- Riverfront Park to host hiring event