NEWMAN LAKE, Wash. - Spokane County Sheriff's deputies say a 25-year-old Spokane Valley man crashed his truck near Moffat and McCoy out by Newman Lake. When they responded, they found him with a gun shot wound to the arm. Initially he claimed he was shot by someone else. Later, he admitted he lied to deputies and accidentally shot himself.
Police say alcohol was involved. Police haven't said whether or not he will face charges.
- As bald eagles converge on Lake Coeur d'Alene, biologist warns of lead bullet use
- Christmas inflatable decorations slashed
- Toddler learns to snowboard before first birthday
- Spokane Democrats say Alabama special election gives hope for 2018
- Band members charged with raping woman released from jail
- Grant County deputies searching for missing teenager