SPOKANE, Wash. - Ice making is underway at Riverfront Park's new ice ribbon in downtown Spokane.
The grand opening ribbon cutting celebration is scheduled for Friday, December 8th.
The 16' wide and 700' long, ice ribbon invites skaters to explore the dips and climbs of a wandering ice trail, discover scenic urban views or cozy up with hot cocoa at one of three fire pits. As the day turns to night, the glow from overhead bistro lights sets the mood for an unbeatably cool adventure.
During the opening celebration there will be fire pits, a live DJ, photo booth and food trucks.
- Alaska Airlines gives local kids an adventure to the 'North Pole'
- Spokane is growing and rentals can't keep up
- Protesters urge Rep. McMorris Rodgers to vote against Republican tax bill
- K9 Kahn locates stolen gun ditched by fleeing suspect
- Wolves poached in northeast Washington
- Washington medical partnership shapes future of medicine