KALISPELL, Montana - Human remains found near Rose Crossing in Kalispell have been positively identified as Corey Michael Flannigan, according to the Flathead County Sheriff's Office.
The 26-year-old went missing from the Spokane area in May 2017. The stolen vehicle Flannigan was driving was found crashed on Rose Crossing before he was reported missing. His last confirmed contact was on May 2 in the Kalispell area.
FCSO said the remains were found on April 4, 2019. An investigation was started that day and the remains were ultimately identified as those of Flannigan.
The case remains under investigation.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Spokane City Council doubles funding to remove abandoned, nuisance RVs
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery Building New Location
- Spokane childcare providers worried over new state requirements
- Local numbers from the 'Clear the Shelters' nationwide event have been released
- New South Perry development features smart house technology, sustainable living
- Washington firefighter seeks damages for on-job injuries