SPOKANE, Wash. - If you haven’t already registered your Night Out party, now is a great time to start planning to get your neighbors together for a “get to know you” party!
Spokane C.O.P.S is sponsoring "Night Out Against Crime," but it could just as well be called "Get to Know Your Neighbors Night." It's a great way to strengthen or start a Block Watch.
Neighborhoods across the country will put on picnics and block parties to send a message to potential criminals that they know one another, watch out for each other and support community-oriented policing. Taking ownership in your neighborhood and knowing who belongs there and who doesn't cuts down on crime, police said.
Deadline for registration is July 26, 2019.
To register for a Night Out party in Spokane, click here.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
Asian markets slightly higher after latest trade developments
Spokane City Council doubles funding to remove abandoned, nuisance RVs
- Spokane City Council doubles funding to remove abandoned, nuisance RVs
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery Building New Location
- Spokane childcare providers worried over new state requirements
- Local numbers from the 'Clear the Shelters' nationwide event have been released
- New South Perry development features smart house technology, sustainable living
- Washington firefighter seeks damages for on-job injuries