SPOKANE, Wash. - The Red Lion Hotel at the Park in downtown Spokane has created a masterpiece.
On Friday, their Life-Size Gingerbread House was unveiled to raise money for the charity Blessings Under the Bridge.
People are welcome to walk through and around the house with the option of buying baked goods.
The funds received will be donated to the charity.
Red Lion Hotels Executive Chef Ricky Webster is the Brain and hands behind the idea and says he was looking for a way to bring the spirit of the holidays to life.
“It's a magical time and people of every background come together. To be able to create something that was a focal point for that was really special. I just can't wait to see the look on kid's and adult's faces alike,” said Webster.
Webster said they have been baking the gingerbread dough since September.
When the house comes down at the end of the season, they will be donating all of the cookie to pig farmers.
- Dance studio sues City, says damages from city-owned property forced closure
- Martie Soderberg found guilty of conspiring to kill her husband
- Man crosses center line, hits oncoming vehicle near Sagle
- 18 pounds of meth recovered from impounded car near Wenatchee
- March For Our Rights in Sandpoint counter-rally to March For Our Lives
- Small caliber casings found in locker room at Shadle Park High School